1. Request the Exam.
- Identify the student(s) who will take the (optional) online exam.
- Select the date and time the exam will be administered.
- Reserve a proctor who will be responsible for securing the exam.
- Submit the following information to APBP@aicpa-cima.com at least 3 weeks prior to exam date:
- Student name
- Student email address
- Date and time exam will be administered
2. Submit payment.
Exams are $86 each, payable via check. Please make checks out to “AICPA” with “APBP Qualifying Exam” in the memo line and mail to the following address:
P.O. Box 37048
Boone, IA 50037-0048
Once payment is received, the requestor will receive detailed instructions on how students will access the online exam on the date and time selected.
3. Administer the exam.
The exam will be administered online via the Questionmark platform. Proctor will oversee the exam according to the instructions provided by the AICPA. Students will have three hours to complete the exam.
Dr. Dan Deines, CPA will grade the exams and report the results to the AICPA. The AICPA will then report the grades to the APBP teacher and send letters to the students who passed via their provided email address. (Grading and score reporting takes on average 4-6 weeks).
If the student passes with an accepting university eligible score, the student can request a copy of the completion letter be sent to the university for college credit by APBP@aicpa-cima.com with their name, high school and university requesting credit.