The AICPA Foundation High School Scholarship offers financial assistance to high school seniors who are attending an accredited two or four-year college or university in the fall and plan to major in accounting. Applications open annually on March 1.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Taken an advanced accounting course taught by an APBP trained educator.
- The nomination of a registered educator or school counselor at StartHereGoPlaces.com or nomination by a current AICPA member.
- Proof of acceptance into a public or private, not-for-profit (501(c)) two or four-year accredited college or university located in the U.S. states or territories for the full 2022-23 academic year.
- Maintained a GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolling as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent) for the full 2022-23 academic year.
- A registered High School student on Start Here, Go Places.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses) Note: AICPA staff and their family members are not eligible to receive this scholarship.