These scholarships will be presented at the Annual Scholarship Award Banquet to be held on April 26, 2019.
Scholarship awards will be paid directly to the scholarship recipient in two installments: $500 at the beginning of each semester based on satisfactory proof of enrollment and satisfaction of requirements as outlined below. Scholarship is renewable each year if requirements are met.
The NABA RTP Chapter High School Scholarship application should be submitted online. Completed scholarship applications include:
- Current, official Academic Transcript. You must request that your transcript or final report card be sent directly to the NABA RTP Chapter in a sealed envelope. We will not accept student copies or other unofficial transcripts. Transcripts must be received by March 15th, 2019. A sealed copy can be delivered upon proper arrangements.
- Current Resume
- Two Letters of Recommendation as completed by (two) faculty member
- Essay (500 words or less):Prepare a Biographical Statement & Personal Biography. Your biography should specifically discuss your career objectives, leadership positions and abilities, community activities, and your reason for wanting to pursue an Accounting Degree and how you plan to involve yourself in NABA. Please include your name, hometown, hobbies, other interest, and any other relevant information that would describe you in a paragraph or two.
If awarded, requirements for each of the next four years:
- Join NABA Student Chapter and remain a member. (If the college or university does not have a NABA chapter, student should join NABA as a student at large.)
- Attend a Historically Black College or University
- Attend the RTP Chapter scholarship awards event
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale for the 1st and 2nd semesters (freshman year) and a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale for each semester afterwards
- Meet with donor (RTP Chapter) and sponsor periodically to discuss academic progress
- Continue to major in accounting
- Provide a transcript of grades to the donor at the end of each semester