The National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. Northern New Jersey Chapter (NABANNJ) has for several years provided minority students of New Jersey with the opportunity to obtain scholarships.
Significant portions of NABA’s national and local programs are dedicated to ensuring minority students enter the accounting and finance professions. The Association’s network of professional chapters is complemented by over 80 student chapters, which exist on college campuses and in various metropolitan areas throughout the country.
Enclosed is a High School Scholarship Application. If you are a graduating senior from high school and have been accepted or waiting to be accepted at an accredited college or university, please read the other requirements to see if you qualify for a scholarship.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
1. Be a resident of the State of New Jersey.
2. Be of African descent. This includes African Americans, Caribbean Americans, Afro-Americans, and all other sub groups under the ethnic group “black.” All applicants must be U.S. citizens.
3. Be a student who is a graduating senior from high school. Have a minimum overall grade point average of B (e.g. 3.0/4.0) or higher.
4. Official transcripts must be provided. If you are not on a 4.0 scale please provide a conversion from your scale to a 4.0 scale.
5. Provide two (2) letters of recommendation. One of which must be from a guidance counselor or teacher.
6. Prepare an essay not less than 400 words and should not exceed 500 words on the following. (See essay topic on page 8)
7. All of the above requested information must be provided along with the completed application in order to be considered. Please type or print the application and enclosed material.
8. The application and all requested material must be postmarked or emailed no later than the deadline for the applicable award below.
9. Finalists will be contacted to arrange an interview if necessary.