Guess what we've got? Scholarships!
Introducing the AICPA Foundation High School Scholarship
If you’re considering a career in accounting, you’ve come to the right place. The AICPA Foundation High School Scholarship is excited to offer financial assistance to high school seniors who are attending an accredited two or four-year college or university in the fall and plan to major in accounting. It’s a chance for you to get some much needed moolah (think, $2,000) and it’s a chance for the accounting world to give its future CPA rock stars a warm welcome to an incredible career path.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Taken an advanced accounting course taught by an APBP trained educator. Don't know if your teacher is APBP trained? Ask! (Or send them to our APBP page for educators.)
- The nomination of a registered educator or school counselor at StartHereGoPlaces.com or nomination by a current AICPA member.
- Proof of acceptance into a public or private, not-for- profit (501(c)) two or four-year accredited college or university located in the U.S. states or territories for the full 2018-19 academic year.
- Maintained a GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolling as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent) for the full 2018-19 academic year.
- A registered High School student on Start Here, Go Places.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses)
- Note: AICPA staff and their family members are not eligible to receive this scholarship.
Applications will be accepted December 1, 2017 - March 1, 2018, so get started! Good luck!
READY TO START YOUR APPLICATION? APPLY NOW
Spread the good news. A downloadable flyer is coming soon!