See your life as a CPA. Build your FutureMe.

Get updates when questions are answered

Ask a CPA

Got a question? Fire away.

Are you a high school student curious about resumes? Or the CPA exam? Or the size of your future paycheck? Enter your question below and we’ll have a real-life CPA answer it. 

If you are in college or beyond, get the answers to your questions by contacting the Academic & Career Awareness team.


Show questions that include of these topics:


Check out these questions or ask your own.

Q: I have passed BBA form North South University. Now I want to study accounting in the US. Will you please assist me with which universities I should research? How can i start my journey?

Answered by:

Information on becoming a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the U.S. is available here:

The first thing you should know is that the AICPA is a voluntary membership organization and does not license CPAs in the U.S. Licenses are granted by the individual states. Once you decide in which state you would like to become licensed, you should contact the State Board of Accountancy in that state for further information on their requirements. You may be requested to send a copy of your university transcripts to that state in order for them to verify your educational qualifications. If applicable, they would then tell you what additional courses you need to complete before you would be permitted to sit for the CPA Exam. It is possible that you would be able to complete those courses in the country where you are located. For contact information on each of the State Boards of Accountancy, go to:

Once your educational qualifications meet the requirements of the state board, you are then eligible to sit for the CPA exam. This exam is primarily offered only in the United States, although there are sites in Guam, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. After passing the exam, and meeting necessary experience or other requirements, the State Board of Accountancy would then issue you a CPA license. Once you have been issued a CPA license, you are eligible for full membership in the AICPA.

Colleges & Classes, International Students