See your life as a CPA. Build your FutureMe.

Get updates when questions are answered

I am getting my AS in business administration and I want to get my CPA certification. How do I go about doing that?

Answered by:

An Associate degree in business administration is a very good start down the path to becoming a CPA. Depending on the state you wish to earn your CPA the rules and regulations vary. I would encourage you to contact your state CPA society which can be found through the AICPA website here:

Generally speaking a CPA license requires 150 semester credit hours of education including a Baccalaureate degree and a required number of semester hours in accounting. A Baccalaureate degree in accounting is recommended since you would be studying the same subject matter that the CPA exam covers.

Colleges & Classes, CPA Exam & Certification