Will German grammar and flipping burgers mean anything to your career?
Actually, yes. Pretty much everything you do in high school (in terms of academics and extracurriculars, that is) touches on a skill that will help you on the road to CPA-hood. Your main goal in high school? Prepare for college. And as the biggest investment of your life so far, college requires plenty of planning, time and money.
Big Things To Do
- Prep for and take the ACT or SAT
- Begin researching schools and majors with advice from your guidance counselor
- Search and apply for scholarships (the more, the merrier)
- Submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) if you want financial aid for school
- Maintain good grades
Not as Big But Still Important Things to Do
- Visit the colleges you’re considering
- Talk with an advisor and other students in college business programs
- Get involved to show you’re well-rounded (join clubs, teams, organizations, etc.)
More Good Stuff To Know